Saturday, April 28, 2007

Lip Smacking Good Dinner

Tonight I made an amaaazing dinner! I love shellfish but never want to wait to eat out at an Italian restaurant to enjoy a good Zuppa di Pesce. Zuppa meaning soup, pesce meaning fish. Which is basically a plethora of seafood cooked in a tomato sauce served with pasta. The way I make it, it's so easy and affordable, you could charge someone $25 to eat it when it only cost you about $6! I basically saute onions or shallots in chopped garlic and olive oil. Then add a small can of crushed tomatoes. Of course you better be seasoning with the trio in every step (kosher salt, fresh black pepper, a little garlic powder). Then add whatever shellfish or fish you would like, I suggest shrimp, scallops, calamari, mussels or basically any combinations. A good sturdy whitefish such as halibut would be great too! You can add basil, red pepper, a wide variety of spices to make this dish your own. Serve over linguine and indulge yourself! It really is a pesce of cake!

Tomorrow night's menu: Mushroom, celery and chicken orzo in a risotto dish style sauce. Basically I am cooking orzo as if it were risotto because I found whole wheat orzo with 9 grams of fiber! Great for your diet! Orzo is small, rice shaped pasta whereas risotto is rice based. They are both delish and can be cooked similarly.

The plus side of being home studying for the past few days is I am eating good! But, I am studying all the damn time!

No comments: