Sunday, March 18, 2007

Back to School

It's official, spring break is over. While I am sad that I have to go back to the daily grind it also means something great- the semester is almost over. I am not completely excited that graduation (who wants to leave the college life?) is only one year away but I feel very accomplished that I've made it this far and I am almost an engineer. Although, I would trade all of it in to live my dream- cooking on tv. After watching Rachael Ray's Chefography on the Food Network I felt all kinds of emotions. Some jealousy (because I want to be able to touch people like she does) but mostly inspiration, if she can do it then I can do it too. Sometimes I think I am trying too hard and should just sit back and do what I love most- cooking and talking and let things work on their own.

I don't think I have wanted anything in my life more than I want this and I am willing to do whatever it takes, if only someone from the Food Network would notice my determination! I have so many ideas for different shows and would love to share them with someone that could possibly turn them into reality. I have been receiving so much support from different people and their kind words and compliments motivate me even more. Thank you to everyone who took time out to write me an email or join the facebook group (Students Who Love College Bites with Lauren!!).

I've mentioned this blog (www.foodnetworkaddict.blogspot.com) before but I must mention it again because the blogger, Food Network Addict (aka Jacob), has been so kind as to plug me and my recent South Beach Wine and Food Festival video in his blog entry yesterday. The video is on YouTube. Search South Beach Wine and Food Festival on YouTube and you will find it. Just knowing that one person out there believes in me drives me to be the best possible cook and host I can be. Thank you Jacob! Check out his blog, it's hilarious!

My counter on my website isn't working and it's very frustrating because I like to see that number rise, it makes me smile every morning when I check. I don't know why it's out but hopefully can get it figured out tomorrow. I have a new food tip and 4 new recipes to post this week. I am also still editing episode 3 of College Bites, I hope to have it done in the next few days. My friends gave me a great idea for a new CB episode, I am going to do a Food Network Awards viewing party. Let me know if you want to be a part of it, it airs April 15th.

Well, my rant is over and I need to go to bed. I have a long week ahead and need my rest. I hope everyone has a great week and had a fun (and safe) St. Patty's Day. Bye for now...

No comments: