Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A good piece of fish

So last night for dinner I had "a good piece of fish". That was an expression my Bubbe always used when talking about fish. I can do a pretty good impression, maybe I will share it with you next time I make fish on College Bites. Anyway, last night I made a piece of tilapia. Tilapia is a great fish for making dinner for one because they are already cut into fillets at the seafood counter (no wait time for them to cut it for you), can be easily frozen and are almost always the same size not mention it's pretty cheap. I love cooking tilapia with fresh plum tomatoes so that's exactly what I did, I also added a few other ingredients. First I washed the fish and seasoned it with the trio (kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder) and a little paprika. Then I covered it in fresh sweet onion, fresh plum tomato slices and brussel sprouts cut into quarters. I didn't have time to stand in front of the stove, so I prepped the dish, threw it the oven and went back to my work. After I covered it with the veggies, I seasoned it with the same things once again and drizzled a little olive oil over it so that when it cooks, the veggies get nice and browned. I cooked it at 375 for about 20-30 minutes and broiled it for about 2. It was delicious! The brussel sprouts got nice and crunchy while the tomatoes fused with the fish. It's great to serve with warm jasmine rice. I will type up the recipe and post it online once I think of a catchy name. Any suggestions? Well, I will be MIA for the next 48 hours as I prepare for my Mechanics of Materials exam tomorrow night, wish me luck! Talk to you all later!

No comments: