Monday, March 26, 2007

Sorry for not blogging!

Hi everyone! So sorry I didn't blog all weekend, things were very hectic. First off, the Gators went and won some basketball and are headed to the FINAL FOUR!! Secondly, I have two tests this week. Yes, it's 6:18 am and I am awake. I find that I am much more focused during the day when I wake up early, study and eat a good breakfast. College Bites is a little behind right now, I was planning on filming an episode this upcoming weekend but it looks like I am making a quick trip down home. But have no fear, things will pick up the minute I return. The episode order may have to change a little, I don't think my planned next episode will work out. Regardless of what it is, you will love it! I am mad at myself for not getting any recipes penned this weekend. But throughout the week I will take a break and write a few as well as some food tips. So I honestly thought no one read my blog, but I am shocked to hear that people are reading! On several occasions, I have received comments in person and emails saying, "I read your blog...". That makes me so happy! I really just thought it was my incessant ramblings to the dark hole of the Internet. Keep reading and I will tell you exciting things more often. I made a good dinner last night with my new old favorite, spaghetti squash (haven't bought them since last year, but loved them then). It's a great substitute for regular spaghetti. I baked and broiled it in the oven on Saturday and then sauteed it on Sunday with some shrimp, asparagus and shallots. The dish had great color and texture not to mention taste. Try experimenting with it if you see it at the supermarket. But make sure to ask someone in produce to slice it open for you! They are near impossible to cut open at home, unless of course you have superhuman strength. The only problem with the squash is that they are very big, so if you go shopping with a friend, share one. So to wrap this up, it seems people are taking a liking to my chicken fingers and french fries recipe. The chicken is a take on my Grandmother's infamous chicken recipe which she serves with homemade tahina. Thanks Grandma for the inspiration!! I am going to try and make more of her recipes easier and for one, so keep checking ellemichelle.com for new recipes. I need to finish studying for my Route Geometrics exam in a few hours. Have a very happy Monday! Hi to all my readers out there!

No comments: