Monday, March 19, 2007

Who is Elle Michelle?

So, I realized that I never really explained why the website is ellemichelle.com. It's a two part story. When I made my first cake, after I decorated it, something bumped the back and caused a blemish. There was only one way to fix it and that was to cover it with something, I decided to sign the cake with a cursive L. So Lauren was shortened to L and my middle name is Michelle. I wanted the website name to sound stylish and so I spelled out L (Elle) and used my middle name. I also always sign greeting cards and emails with a big cursive L so that is why the logo of my name is a big L with Michelle. I don't have a picture of the back of my first cake. But I do have a picture of the cake and also a picture of a different cake with an L. The white cake didn't have any area that I needed to cover but I decided to put L's on all my cakes, it became my trademark. Here are some pictures of previous cakes I have made.
Going clockwise:
1. The back of a cake with my signature, L
2. A ganache and buttercream covered cake.
3. A birthday cake covered in fondant.
4. The inside of my Mother's Day Cake 2006.



No comments: